BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Friday 12 February 2010

Salcey

Nuthatch
Coal Tit

Blue Tit


Marsh Tit



Great Tit
As I was off to Northampton to do some work for my Mum, I decided to stop off at Salcey Forest this morning.
I parked in the Green Woodpecker car park and headed down towards the South-east corner, a place where in the past few years I have seen Lesser-spotted Woodpeckers.
This year I didn't even have to walk that far as before I got 50 yards from the car, I noticed a small bird fly across the ride and settle in the top of a tree. This turned out to be a female Lesser-spot and this showed very well for a couple of minutes until I was distracted by a nearby Nuthatch and when I looked back it had disappeared.
I carried on down the track to a place I knew that someone put out seed for the birds and had really close views of Blue, Great, Coal and Marsh Tits as well as Nuthatch,Chaffinch, Robin and Dunnock.
While standing there taking photos I became aware of a scratching noise just behind me
and on looking round I was surprised to see a Squirrel about a foot from my head obviously looking to help itself to the free food on offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment