BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Friday 7 March 2014

Just over the border....Again

This time just 400 yards out of Buckinghamshire - who says the Bucks Force Field doesn't exist.

 Having heard that the Dartford Warbler that turned up in neighbouring Bedfordshire last November was still around I thought I'd take a look to see if I could find it this lunchtime.
 It was a glorious spring day with temperature of about 15 degrees and several Butterflies were on the wing, mainly Brimstones but also a Peacock and a Small Tortoiseshell were seen.
 I won't name the site as when I found the bird he was singing as if on territory. If he should find a mate this is perfect habitat with plenty of Gorse scrub on the heathland.
 He really was cracking bird singing almost continuously and showing down to as close as 6 feet at times, although as is typical with this species constantly on the move and very difficult to photograph.


3 comments:

  1. Lets hope it gets successful and turns into a long stayer...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought we had breeding Dartfords in a location in Bucks, I am so out of the loop these days as to what breeds here now (too focused on my own little patch I guess, note to self get out more!). But it would be nice if the force field could come down one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think it was in the South of the county Ash but the successive harsh winters a couple of years back did for them.

    ReplyDelete