BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Thursday 8 April 2010

Where there's Muck....

......there should be birds.
A quick visit to Ravenstone Sewage Works on the way home tonight.
A scan of the banks on the walk down failed to produce any of the hoped for Wheatears, but as I approached the works I noticed the familiar hop and skip of what turned out to be a female of this species alongside the track.
At the works itself the usual suspects were present : a pair of Grey and a single Pied Wagtail, 8 Reed Buntings, some Chaffinch and a Dunnock were all finding some tasty tit-bits amongst the gunge. A couple of Chiffchaffs and 2 singing male Yellowhammers were in the surrounding bushes.
As I walked back a flock of 8 Stock Doves flew across, and I then noticed a smallish bird in the cereal field which I presumed would be the female Wheatear, - not so as this one was a male, so 2 birds present.

No comments:

Post a Comment